When working on a deal, security should be your primary concern. If you’re using an Intralinks Virtual Data Room you can rest easy because we share that concern, as evidenced by $31.3 trillion worth of transactions securely completed on Intralinks. One of our latest product updates builds on that foundation and provides advanced security, keeping deal value up and making life easier for everyone involved in the transaction.
What does IRM stand for?
IRM stands for “Information Rights Management” and, while you may still be confused as to what that technically means, what’s important to understand is this feature’s capabilities and how they can help you in the middle of a deal.
What does IRM actually do?
In short, IRM lets you as the advisor/seller protect documents (Including Microsoft® Excel®), enabling your bidders to download, interact with and even forward documents on to others – all while giving you complete control over document security. Don’t want end users to print? No problem. Don’t want them to save changes? Again, no problem. And if you want to revoke user access completely, you can – even if they have downloaded the documents – with just a click of a button.
IRM’s benefits for sellers:
- Protect documents in their native formats – without having to convert to TIFF
- Control which bidders can view, edit and download individual documents, streamlining the due diligence process
- Retain full control over every protected document for life
- Save time setting up print areas on Microsoft Excel documents
IRM’s benefits for bidders:
- View and edit documents in their native Microsoft Office® file formats
- No need to engage IT to install plugins
Find out more about Intralinks Virtual Data Rooms here.